Yaeliq: Turkish Tobacco

General chit chat about e-cigs! Please announce new products in the Deals and product announcement forum which is here viewforum.php?f=23
ShaneR

Yaeliq: Turkish Tobacco

Post by ShaneR »

Alrighty, So I finally gave in and ordered 100ml of this from Yaeliq (my first from them).

After about 1 1/2 weeks, it arrived here in Canada today. Couple questions for those who order from Yaeliq frequently:

1) The liquid is much darker than I was expecting. It's the colour of a very dark honey. Dark Brown. This normal? Wondering if something happened during shipping....perhaps heat. It is, however, 18mg nicotine.

2) Although there appears to be absolutely no tampering from customs, the safety seal was not intact on the bottle. Again, is this something normal from Yaeliq?

I'm always "picky" when I order online from a new source without really knowing much about their setup, so the questions.

As for the juice itself, not quite what I was expecting, but enjoyable nonetheless. It actually reminds me a of juice I started with way back from Maple Leaf Vapes in Canada. They called it "Maple Leaf Canada Blend". A rich tobacco with a very noticeable sweet maple taste. So, this Turkish is far sweeter than I would have guessed based on Vic's review.
Gerry B

Re: Yaeliq: Turkish Tobacco

Post by Gerry B »

Turkish from Yaeliq is the only juice I vape these days. I switched to it from Red Vape because it is so cheap. At first I wasn't that impressed with the flavour but it has gradually grown on me, plus I've improved in my coiling skills which I think makes a difference to the taste. I love it now and I'm still on my first bottle which I ordered back in January! (I only tend to vape in the evenings with a drink which is pretty much how I used to smoke).

Mine does have a dark colour and I'll have to see about the seal next time I order some.
ShaneR

Post by ShaneR »

Thanks, Gerry.

I've certainly been enjoying the flavour, it was just different from my expectations. I normally DIY my tobaccos and It appears I lean towards the more subtle, lighter side of things. So, Yaeliq's Turkish is a bit "in your face" for me...but, It's growing on me quickly. Maybe not an all day vape, but it will get a lot of use. We'll see how I feel after a few more tanks. Enjoying something different for now, though. :)
StanR

Post by StanR »

If the sweetness is getting in the way, you might want to try adding a little bit of Flavor Art Bitter Wizard. The key phrase there is "a little bit"; about 0.25 to 0.5 percent ought to do it, though starting even lower (like 1 drop per 10ml) and working up to a maximum of 0.5% is the best approach.

At very low percentages, Bitter Wizard just kills sweetness, and it's basically intended to offset the inherent, unavoidable sweetness of other ingredients in tobacco liquids. If you add enough that you can actually taste it, it's vile in indescribable ways. It's triple-distilled, pure essence of bitterness with no redeeming features. Get the balance right, though, and it just makes your tongue ignore the excess sweet.

Unlike the other flavourings, it really doesn't need much time to do what it do: it disperses fairly quickly in the juice (the actual flavouring molecules are small and don't bind well to VG) and has its effects on your tongue rather than in the juice, so a good shake and an overnight will do it (unless you've gone as close to 100% VG as possible).
ShaneR

Post by ShaneR »

Thanks, Stan.

I'll probably order some of that with our next DIY order, just to have on hand, as it sounds like it may be useful. I'm enjoying turkish as is, but I may decant a bit (if any left) and see if I can tone down the sweetness a bit.
ShaneR

Post by ShaneR »

Well, almost a month later, I'm waiting for my second bottle of Yaeliq's Turkish to arrive. Totally fell in love with this flavour. Also added some samples of Premium, Cuban Cigar, and 555. Wish I had an idea of the flavours used in turkish so I could approximate the flavour profile DIY. Ah well.

I was going to order 500ml of the Turkish as the savings are good, but was worried about Canadian customs looking harder at 5 bottles rather than 1.

Anywho....