The Rules

General chit chat about e-cigs! Please announce new products in the Deals and product announcement forum which is here viewforum.php?f=23
VapingWithVic
Site Admin

The Rules

Post by VapingWithVic »

1: Dont spam
2: Dont advertise without permission (product announcements and vendor announcements should be posted in the Deals and Products forum)
3: Trollers will be banned

...and yes, clone talk is allowed :)
SUM1SLY

Re: The Rules

Post by SUM1SLY »

When it says don't advitise can you post links to where to buy stuff or links to video's that show stuff you're talking about ?
And rule number 3 well that's all your viewers banned then lmao.
Stig

Post by Stig »

Are clones allowed to be discussed , linked to or our far east vendors ?
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

I'm sure clones are OK, Vic reviews quite a few and it's his fault I got my lovely and troubled Gem... The question is... 1:1 clones, ok or not? I hope they are OK as I can think of a few iterations of original tanks where the best or better clones come with all the brandings...
maizoon

Post by maizoon »

Liking the rules, blunt & to the point as we have come to expect, nice one :D
Here be vaping dragons
Kutusov

Post by Kutusov »

Yeh, but a bit too blunt! :D
maizoon

Post by maizoon »

You can not be too blunt
Here be vaping dragons
BambiBus

Post by BambiBus »

I have been on other forums where the rules are just a bit shorter than War and Peace and virtually nobody reads them and therefore nobody adheres to them or they are either rarely or over enforced.

I like it that Vic has gone with the KISS approach (keep it simple, stupid)

All the other stuff like being a tard/dick/fuckwit etc etc in so many ways can be dealt with when needed
I'd like to see things from your point of view but I can't seem to get my head that far up my ass. :lol:

Default Damaja

Post by Default Damaja »

I don't think we need get fussy abt branding on clones - altho I don't make the rules so strike my post down mods if I'm overstepping .... seeing as the RBAs given away on late late vapr show on behalf of Vpemail were cloned right down to the packaging, to the point he has to admit "I think it's a clone"...

There is a wider issue with 1:1s where unscrupulous vendors could sell them as authentic which is troubling, but one needs to be vigilant: ie:
- Dont trust eBay vendors without checking them out on forums first for reputation in the community. Trust eBay rep alone at ur peril
- Don't buy from vendors u don't implicitly trust in general. A bit of Google fu on forums and safeorscam etc will root out the bad eggs
- As far as B&Ms go befriend your local proprietors and visit them regularly till you're on first name terms - if they never learn ur name they're not a business worth giving your money to. Find one like Bean Smoking in partick where all regulars are greeted by name and treated as friends. This sets aside any trust issues.
- Deal with established B&Ms where you can return faulty goods for repair - it's often something straightforward or known they can repair themselves
- use common sense e.g. The infinite clone of the kayfun 4 is identical right down to the included poster - but would svoemesto include a plastic bell cap in the pack? There's the tell
Happy shopping